Finally, I am getting around to showing you all some of krew’s nursery – the main reason for this post is to show of our new play mat! I recently received this mat in the mail from play with pieces! I thought at first we would put the mat in our play room upstairs, but once i saw it in person I was too in love and decided to add it into krew’s nursery space!
I wanted to share with you some of my favorite features from the mat!
- It is double sided! Okay, this is a huge plus for me. I have two girls and one boy, So I decided to go with the polka dot side for in krew’s room, But if we add it into the girls bedroom or our play room, It is reversible to the most beautiful boho tribal print! So a great investment piece that will continue to last through all your children, no matter what the gender.
- Wipeable! This is a big one! Before we had our play with pieces mat in Krew’s nursery, I had a shag rug. Man, can those things get dirty! He loves to play with his books in his bedroom, He snacks a lot in his room and we also do some bum changes on the floor now he is getting more mobile, It is harder to keep him on his change pad! So I absolutely love the fact that our mat is washable, wipeable… Kids can be messy So I love the design for this reason!
- No cracks! Ok, we have all seen them. Those puzzle piece mats with the numbers on them, I have honestly never really been a fan. I don’t think they are very aesthetically pleasing. But my biggest pet peeve about them is the fact that, the pieces always come apart, and they aren’t very easy to clean with all the cracks and pieces go missing!
- Soft! Krew is just starting to stand and take his first steps! YAY and AH! I know Krew being my first they are going to get lots of bumps and bruises and I cant prevent all of the falls. We do have slate tile in our dining room and kitchen which is extremely uneven making it hard for him to start learning to stand! Our mat has been a great investment just for getting him to stand unassisted. Helps with those hard falls too!
- Free from nasties! Okay you guys know, we live as much of a toxin free lifestyle as possible around here. I love the fact that it is free from Non-Toxic and free from Phthalates, Latex, BPA and Formaldehyde.